Sunday, April 5, 2015

Goal Reflections

My goals for the course Information Fluency and Inquiry are:

- hone my skills in developing a classroom that incorporates Inquiry Based Learning 
-build my PLN in an organized and accessible way
 -refine the tools I use and methods I use to teach research to my own students in my high school English class

I have to say that I need to devote more time and energy to the first goal on Inquiry Based Learning. I think that as the course progresses, I will encounter more assignments that help fulfill this goal. I have a book I purchased that is on my to read list:Comprehension and Collaboration: Inquiry Circles in Action by Harvey and Daniels.  

As for building my PLN, I have been an avid twitter user for several years now, but my goal is more on curation and organization. Learning to use Symbaloo to organize resources has been a huge help.  Also, I am using Rebelmouse and Paper.li for the first time. I want to compare the two of them and will most likely stick with the one I like the best. 

All of the assignments and activities for this course thus far have helped me to be more mindful of how I use various tools and methods to teach research in my classroom.  I have read so much and gathered so much information, that I know how my own students feel now. It is a process that I believe I will continue to build upon, reflect, and then rework constantly. I want to stick with these goals and continue to have the growth mindset to move forward with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment